Sunday, December 23, 2012

Oral-B Pulsar Vibrating Toothbrush Review

So I started using an Oral-B Pulsar vibrating toothbrush roughly two months ago after spewing over the many brands and styles available in stores today. My intention when selecting a toothbrush was twofold. For one, I wanted to find a toothbrush that I truly liked... one that I wasn't simply putting up with... so to speak. The other reason was to post a review in this blog in hopes of sharing a positive experience. With so many choices out there, I figure others must also be seeking that perfect toothbrush.
After selecting a toothbrush, I hung a notepad and pen from my medicine cabinet to make keeping a tally a simple task. Each time I use the toothbrush, I draw a line in the notepad. I will add the results of this procedure once the experimentation time elapses.
Right now, I must tell about the funny thing that happened during this process... While beginning this task, I must have spent 10 to 15 minutes in the store examining toothbrushes… Checking out their basic designs and colors... The most important feature for me was the bristles. Whether their designs were the traditional straight row formats, the circular types that came in fashion with the spin brush, the more recent diagonal offering, or a combination of directional placements on the toothbrush heads…
In addition, I wanted to know the firmness of the toothbrushes, how long they were expected to last, and whether or not the manufacturers guaranteed their product.
I must say that after about eight minutes or so, frustration began to insert itself in my mindset. A few minutes later, I was practically begging myself to make a decision... Choose one! Whatever happens… You will write about it! LOL!!
At any rate, the funny thing that happened is that virtually two months into using the toothbrush, for some reason, I started re-examining the package. If my recollection serves me correctly, I had been comparing the size of the used toothbrush head with the new one. (I bought a two-pack.) In the midst of the comparison, I suddenly noticed the word "Pulsar" on the package. That's when I said to myself... 'Pulsar... What does that mean?' So I flip the package over and see diagrams annotating power buttons and vibrating bristle action! HA!! HA!! I laugh to myself! It turned out that while working through my frustration to select a toothbrush all those weeks back, in the end, I chose a toothbrush because I liked the style, shape, and size of the head. Those features were most important to me and I remembered that my selection had a money back guarantee. At that time, I had been thinking that if the manufacturer offered a guarantee, I would go with that because the toothbrush was pricy. I did not mind paying the price if the product proved worthy of my money...
Well... The product did prove worthy! But I had not paid attention to the fact that I had chosen a pulsating toothbrush! :}
A few days before realizing I had not used the pulsing action, I noticed the toothbrush had begun to soften. This observation was what spurred me to compare the head size with the unused toothbrush a few days later. The purpose of the comparison, of course, and all toothbrush users must know this, is that I wanted to see how separated and frayed the bristles had become.
To my surprise, the bristles were not all that different in appearance. Their distance apart was not all that widespread. This was very surprising considering the amount of time I had used this product compared to similar timeframes using other toothbrushes. The most impressive thing about this Oral-B Pulsar, is that, despite the fact that I had used the brush for nearly two months using normal hand-powered motion, when I turned on the pulsing action, the bristles cleaned my teeth so well they felt like I had been to the dentist!

Yes! A few minutes after brushing my teeth, my tongue, perhaps motivated by my subconscious, decided to swipe itself across my upper incisors... Delight was my very first impression once I realized what had happened. So then, after purposely swirling my tongue around my mouth to examine all of my teeth, it was clear that this Pulsar toothbrush was just the product I had been looking for... that despite my frustration practically forcing me to make a selection and get it over with those weeks ago, I had chosen a toothbrush that suited me and that I could grant a rave review!
I am so happy with this toothbrush that I decided to give Oral-B Pulsars as gifts this holiday season... They make great stocking stuffers, fit easily into gift bags with other items, and unlike the candy I usually give, will help care for my loved ones' teeth! They also attach easily to gift cards using tape or colorful ribbon.
I will come back to post feedback from some of the users after giving them time to form opinions about their toothbrush gifts...
You can check out the Pulsar toothbrush images... I will add more after the three month user period expires to show how the used bristles compare to a new head.

Here are some of the Oral-B Pulsar features:
  • Manual/Pulsating bristles for deeper cleaning
  • Soft vibrating bristles breaks up plaque between teeth
  • Varying height bristles facilitate cleaning back teeth
  • Nice size handle that fits comfortably in your hand
  • Handles are colorful, shapely, and have grips
  • My favorite - Money Back Guarantee (within 60 days)
  • Completely disposable - no battery replacement required

Rating:
It so happens that I am one of those people who brushes their teeth a lot! I can easily go 3 to 5 minutes or more during one brushing; and often brush as many as four times a day! Therefore, a toothbrush must really be strong and sturdy in order to hold up to my brushing standards. For me... Oral-B Pulsar, thus far, has met... perhaps even surpassed that test. I won't know entirely for certain until I finish this experiment and get to the next one. The one during which I will utilize the pulsing action the entire time... Then I will learn whether using the manual plus pulsing action really stands the test of time over the dental recommended three months of toothbrush use. Also, I will be able to determine how the battery holds out... For now, however, I happily give Pulsar five blue stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Helpful comments appreciated!